TEAMS AND PARTICIPATION
- Participation shall be by Teams consisting of two persons.
- Teams may participate with their corporate teams of with teams that were formed by them.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age limit for participation.
- There is no gender restriction for teams.
- A team number will be assigned by organization committee to teams. Teams are obliged to carry team numbers in a easily visible manner. Bicycles and other materials that will be given to participants will also be marked with team’s number. Teams are responsible for not removing or losing their numbers.
- Team members should always be together during the race. Distance between team members may not exceed 30 meters.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
- Main materials that will be used during the race, such as map will be provided by the organization. Other maps may not be used.
- Competitors will bring their own bicycles and helmets.
- Competitors may use their own compass if they wish.
- Necessary equipment that competitors will use is announced at the official site of the organization and at the relevant section.
- Teams are obliged to carry the materials that are set by the Organization as necessary materials.
- If a team member drops the race, that member may not be substituted by another person and that team will be deemed to have dropped the race.
- Teams may not use support teams.
- Teams may not use any unauthorized transport vehicles between tracks and breach of this rule will constitute a reason for disqualification.
OTHER RULES AND WARNINGS
- Stages of the race will take place in the sea, on asphalt roads and earth roads.
- Entering private properties during the race is forbidden.
- All competitors must behave with environmental consciousness during the race and must not throw any litter around. Waste bins placed at CP’s must be used. Any damage given to environment shall constitute a reason for disqualification.
- At some CP’s, drinking water will be supplied by the Organization.
- A number of animals live in streets of Islands. All street animals are traced by Animal Protection Volunteers and their vaccination are complete.
- All competitors are obliged to have their cellular phones with full charged batteries with them during the race, in a water resistant cover. Communication will be established over these phones in emergency cases. It is forbidden to use smart phones with maps and GPS applications.
- Teams that drop the race for any reason are obliged to inform the Organization.
- A board of referees will follow the race. Referees are authorized to disqualify teams under circumstances where health and safety of competitors are at stake.
- Penalty points will be given for breach of rules.
- Teams who do not help other competitors in emergency situations or who do not respect the warnings of Organization staff will be disqualified.
- Organization has the right to make changes in the rules. Changes will be announced at the technical meeting that will be held before the race.
MATERIALS THAT COMPETITORS ARE OBLIGED TO HAVE
- Bicycle, helmet
- Bathing suit, swimming suit, bikinis
- Track shoes
- Sports clothing
- Sufficient drinking water (at least 1 lt.) Snack foods
- First aid kit for each team
- Cellular phone with fully charged battery in a water resistant case.
- Back pack
- Camping glass
- Sun glasses
- Water resistant map cover
- Reflective clothing
- Rain coat
- Tent, mat, sleeping bags for camping before the race.